'Oh, so that's who Richard Morris is..." Lord Hattersley on The Daily Politics

'An influential activist' - The Guardian

'Iain Dale, without the self loathing' - Matthew Fox in The New Statesman

'
You are a tinker...' - Tim Farron

Wednesday 6 April 2011

What do Nick Clegg and I have in common? Well, for one thing, we're both hypocrites...

I am a man, have been all my life. Yet I would like women to share equal pay, enjoy equal opportunities and the same life chances as me. Indeed, as the father of three girls and husband to a fantastically brilliant Doctor, I think this is incredibly important. Apparently this makes me a hypocrite.

I am white. But I believe that your skin colour should be irrelevant to your life chances, and that everyone should enjoy the same opportunities to make the most of their lives. Hypocrite.

I am in excellent health and I am not disabled. But I think society should do all it can for those in less fortunate physical or mental health to maximize their life chances. Again, what a hypocrite I am.

No wonder everyone’s having a go at Nick Clegg for trying to change the status quo.

1 comment:

  1. "I think society should do all it can for those in less fortunate physical or mental health to maximize their life chances..."

    Is that why you're a member of a party that makes these people live in fear? That subjects them to a Work Capability Assessment that even one of the leading doctors involved in its creation refers to as "scary"?
    Put up or shut up.

    ReplyDelete