'Oh, so that's who Richard Morris is..." Lord Hattersley on The Daily Politics

'An influential activist' - The Guardian

'Iain Dale, without the self loathing' - Matthew Fox in The New Statesman

'
You are a tinker...' - Tim Farron

Thursday 29 December 2011

I may have got it wrong about Mary Portas

The end of the year is always a good time to right a few wrongs...so can I say 'sorry' to Mary Portas?

I wondered about the decision to commission her to rejuvinate our High Streets earlier this year - and said so on here.

But since then I've seen David Mitchell put his hands up and say he may have got this wrong...

And since then her report has come out, making numerous sensible and progressive suggestions, to general applause all round.

While she may not have all the answers, she has produced a detailed, well thought through and excellent report.

So sorry Mary.

Going back to my original article however, I still don't want Graham Norton to do a review of the arts

No comments:

Post a Comment