'Oh, so that's who Richard Morris is..." Lord Hattersley on The Daily Politics

'An influential activist' - The Guardian

'Iain Dale, without the self loathing' - Matthew Fox in The New Statesman

'
You are a tinker...' - Tim Farron

Saturday 6 October 2012

When politics gets in the way...

You may have noticed that I have removed all reference on this blog to a local campaign I am involved in.

The campaign is a difficult issue as it involves balancing the needs of a vulnerable group who deserve the very best in care against the disposal of key public owned assets, enjoyed by another less vulnerable but still important group who also deserve protection. I don't want to say too much more about it, for reasons that will become apparent.

Everyone involved on both sides has the best interests of all the groups at heart, of that there is no doubt. We just disagree about the best way of delivering the best services for both groups.

It is most certainly not a party political issue, and we are lobbying all elected officials from both the Tory and Lib Dem parties (there are no other parties with elected representatives locally).

But rumours are flying that I am trying to politicise the debate.

In truth, I am not, But I did link the campaign to this blog and put up a post about it here. I did this to raise the profile of the campaign - but in retrospect I can understand why people may have thought I was trying to politicise the debate.

I am not and wanted to make that clear.

So I have removed the post and the link and will not mention the issue on here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment